Are you in a situation where: Ads are displayed everywhere in News Feed? You don’t want to be bothered but ads keep appearing and you’ve tried many ways to blocking Facebook ads but they don’t work?
Let us help you! In this article, Blue Focus will share 4 ways to block annoying and inappropriate ads from appearing on Facebook. And give you back a “cleaner” and more useful News Feed.
These are extremely simple but extremely effective methods. Let’s follow along and do it now!
4 Effective ways to blocking Facebook
Method 1. Set “ad restrictions”
To limit all advertising content appearing on News Feed; You just need to do a few simple steps:
- Click the down arrow button on the right corner of the screen, then select ” Settings and privacy “. Select “ Install ”
- In the left sidebar in the settings interface, find and select ” Ads “.
- Go to “ Ad Preferences ”.
You have 3 choices in “ Advertising options ” including:
- Advertising Topics
- Advertisement Settings
With each option, you will limit different advertising content. Below I will give you detailed step-by-step instructions so you can do it for your own personal Facebook page.
The advertiser option will help you hide inappropriate and irrelevant ads that appear on your personal page.
Steps to hide an advertising content are as follows:
- Step 1 : Select “ Privacy Settings” then select “ Settings”
- Step 2 : At the settings interface, scroll down and select ” Advertisements” then select ” Advertisers”
At the ” Advertiser ” section interface , advertising content will appear. If you do not want any content to appear on your personal page, select the ” Hide advertising ” button and you are done.
2. Advertising topic
With the “Advertisement topic” option, there will be 3 types of ads that Facebook defaults to: Wine; Parenting and Pets.
3. Ad settings
To be able to block ads in this option, you will follow these steps:
- Step 1 : Select “ Settings & privacy ” then go to “ Settings” .
- Step 2 : Select your Information section on Facebook.
- Step 3 : Select ” Access your information” .
- Step 4: In the ” Access your information” section , click on “Options” then click on “Favorites”
- Step 5: You will select “Unfollow” where you can choose to unfollow the page, unfollow friends or unfollow the group. For inappropriate content, you can unfollow so you don’t have to receive irrelevant advertising content anymore.
Method 2. Limit providing personal information publicly to Facebook
Limiting the publication of your personal information on Facebook is also an effective method of blocking Facebook ads that you can apply. To limit the publication of personal information on Facebook, do the following:
- Step 1 : Select “ Settings & privacy ” then select “ Settings ”.
- Step 2 : Select “ Your information on Facebook ” and then select “ Access your information ” .
In the Information section on your profile, you can edit the visibility of information that you do not want made public to Facebook such as: Your contact information, About yourself, Life events, Your music You, Your Hobbies.
Method 3. Turn off fb ads by blocking facebook applications from collecting information
In 2017, a makeup application that once caused a fever in Vietnam – Pitu (produced by Tencent company, China) was discovered to be collecting user data and potentially endangering the owner. device.
According to a warning from Bkav, the Pitu application asked users to provide various permissions on the device, including opening a Bluetooth connection to another device; automatically open a Wifi connection; create and access the Internet; access the device’s location (GPS); read device information (ID, applications, IMEI, phone number, calls, etc.); check applications and programs running on the device; read and write to device memory, change device configuration and data; and record conversations. Those are unnecessary things for an application that only provides photo editing functions.
This is a “wake-up call” for us when installing applications is not selective. Not only that, our unintentional action of using Facebook to log into some applications is also a way for our information to be stolen.
To turn off ads by doing this, you need to filter the applications connected to Facebook; See if any applications are unnecessary or unreliable, then remove them.
More: What is Checkpoint?
Do the following:
- Go to “Settings” and select “Apps and websites” in the left sidebar.
- There are 2 options for you: edit shared information or remove the application.
- To edit or limit information shared for the application, select “View and edit”. You can then turn off information you don’t want to share or select other settings. Finally click “Save” to complete.
- To remove an application, you just need to tick the box next to the application you want to remove; and click “Remove”.
Note : Uninstall unnecessary applications or edit shared information; also helps you limit advertising. Because the applications you log in with Facebook also become a source of data for Facebook to suggest related ads.
Method 4. Use blocking facebook ad software
In addition to the above methods, you can also use ways to blocking Facebook ads from appearing; with software or utilities such as AdBlock, AdBlocker for Facebook™,… both on Facebook Messenger or Facebook Google Chrome…
In this article I will show you how to install AdBlock; To help reduce ads in Facebook:
- Access the link: https://getadblock.com/ ; and click “Get AdBlock” in the right corner of the screen.
- You’ll then be taken to the Chrome Web Store; Select the ” Add to Chrome ” button to install the extension. Note that this extension is only available on Chrome browser.
Okay! So the installation of Facebook ad blocking software is complete. You can now access Facebook; and see how your News Feed interface changes.
- With 98% of Facebook’s revenue coming from advertising; Surely Blocking Facebook will want to show you as many ads as possible. Therefore, blocking facebook ads software is only a temporary solution and not permanent; because in the future Facebook may develop more algorithms to prevent Ads blocking.
- Currently, AdBlock can be used for iPhone, Safari and Opera. You can visit getadblock.com to install for the above device and browser.
As I said earlier in the article, Facebook always wants to collect as much user data as possible; with the aim of bringing ads to the right people.
Therefore, whether with the above 4 tips or any other tips, Facebook will always have a way to display ads in front of your eyes; if you are still using Facebook. But in reality, 73% of social network users do not hate ads; They just hate “bad” and unsatisfactory advertising.
Therefore, besides “living with floods”; Filter out “junk” ads and limit information shared with advertisers. At the same time, choose ads based on topics you and your friends really care about; Or favorite for a better experience!
Hopefully this shared information on how to blocking Facebook ads will be really useful for you and your friends.
Reference source: https://www.facebook.com/help/146952742043748